What to Wear to Disney Parks
One of the biggest problems about packing for a Disney vacation is how difficult is is to dress for the parks. It’s hot, it rains, you walk a lot. For the majority of visitors, these are not conditions they deal with on a daily basis. Here’s what I find comfortable for theme park touring and why.
|ears:: vest :: shirt :: skirt :: compression shorts (can’t see ’em) :: sandals|
- Headgear:: Whether its ears, an ear hat, or a plain ol hat, head gear is handy to have to keep hair out of your face. I also pack a baseball hat for the sunny days to keep the sun out of my eyes and off my face.
- Celebration button:: Disney vacation are all about celebrations. Wear the button to let others know! All the cast members want to make sure you’re having the greatest celebration possible.
- Crossbody Bag:: I see seasoned vets carrying all kinds of bags, but I recommend a crossbody because you can access the bag with two hands while still walking instead of having to stop or pause to use one hand to hold while you dig in your tote for something.
- Extra Layer:: After May, when I wore a vest the entire time, I decided that was the way to go. I loved having all the extra pockets without sleeves and a thick layer making me super hot. I highly recommend bringing one also as a rain protectant.
- Flowy Bottoms:: I endorse wearing skirts in the parks– with compression shorts underneath. I’m not comfortable wearing leggings or compression capris without a covering them up so cute cotton skirts work for me. I also pack chino shorts for a switch up, but I love my skirts and compression shorts underneath.
- Comfortable footwear:: There’s no one pair of shoes that I think works across the board for everyone. Though I love my Toms, I’ve also tried some other great shoes. I’m doing a write up on my Reef Bella Costas and my Birken Karios when I get home. Take the shoes you find most comfortable at home. Please don’t ever try new shoes at Disney!
Your mouse ears are so fun, I bet you're having the best time!
I've never been bold enough to do a skirt in the parks…rub you know…LOVE the idea of shorts under as I am a huge dress/skirt fan. What type of compression shorts do you recommend? Any that are particularly comfy or light?
I love the reasons cause they all make so much sense. I can't imagine someone trying to wear new shoes eh as someone who lives in a city and has to do much walking to begin with I hate the breaking in period of new shoes. I can't imagine trying to do that at the happiest place on earth, even if they are cute! I agree go with some already well worn favorites!
My biggest requirement with compression shorts are that they stay put! I have a pair of under armour compression shorts that hit about 3-4 inches above the knee so my skirt isn't too much longer than them, but they make sure NOTHING rubs. They're the best.
Oh man, my comfortable shoes got soaked on Saturday and I had to wear my back ups and you could definitely tell by the looks of my feet. As much as I would love to look as adorable as the other girls I see in the parks, comfort is the most important thing to me.
Thanks Ginny! We're having a great time!
Oh no I totally agree. Ive felt lucky to travel a lot in my lifetime and if theres anything Ive learned its that uncomfy shoes, blisters and hurting feet do not make for a happy Justine which does not make for a happy trip. And really how often do your feet necessarily make it into photos anyways. You know.
Ummmm can I PLEASE go to Disney with you?! haha. I always laugh when I go and see girls in heels I mean really?!
LOVE your ears!! Did you make them? As a former cast member who was used to running around the parks for only a few hours at a time, I thought I could get away with wearing sandals to our trip a couple weeks ago like I used to always do . Yeah, BIG mistake. It rained 3 of the 4 days so I was slipping and sliding and almost falling in them, plus my feet started hurting early on in the day. I dealt with it, but that won't be happening again! I wouldn't do Toms or tennis shoes because they stay wet if it rains. I have no idea what shoes to wear now. I'm all for sun dresses and rompers when in the parks, but you are too cute in your outfit 🙂
Okay, this is the cutest post ever! You look like you are the most fun person to hang out with at Disney land ever. I hope you are having an amazing time!
Bwahahaha! It always makes me think of that Modern Family episode with Gloria wearing high heels to the parks. Too funny.
I didn't make my ears. I wish I had time to. She's on etsy at Bibbidi Bobbidi Bonnie. This was the first trip I ran into that issue with wet Toms. It took them a day to dry, but thankfully I packed four pairs of shoes. lol. My Birkens were perfect, even in the rain. They dried out very quickly.
We're having a great time! Thanks Ashley!
I agree with everyone…it would be super fun to go to Disney with you. Pack me in your bag next time?