It’s that time of the month again! January Birchbox Unboxing. Sorry I’m so late and so absent this week! Stomach bug has been tearing through the Hayes family. Thankfully, today is better for me (but worse for my father-in-law). Without further ado, here are the five items I received this month and my initial thoughts, as well as my final thoughts on December’s items.
100% Pure Body Cream
: It’s 100% natural and 100% vegan, which is not my main criteria for purchasing something, but it is a great quality for the product. I don’t like that it comes in a ketchup packet. It’s hard to get the lotion out and it looks cheap. The lotion smells overwhelmingly like blueberries. That could be good or bad depending on how much you like blueberries.
: This is the item I’m most excited to try. It’s navy velvet dust to put on your nails. It’s gonna be messy, but I can’t wait! I Also love the base color. Its a saturated navy, which I needed anyway.
Paula’s Choice Resist C15 Super Booster:
When I saw the box and looked at the recommendation to try it mixed in with your normal daily moisturizer, I was more excited about trying this product. Then I opened the box. It’s price is high and the trial size is .12 oz. I don’t know if that’s going to be enough to tell a difference.
Toni&Guy PREP heat protection mist
: So far, each heat protection product I’ve gotten from Birchbox has not worked better than my current product that I LOVE! The smell of this one is very salon chemical smelling. Not overwhelming, but enough that if it lingers around, I’ll definitely have a headache.
Ahmad Tea London
: Two UK items in this box. As much as I am a fan of tea, I’m also a creature of habit and love the teas I already drink. I’m not excited to try these teas. Plus tea was recently the lifestyle extra in the November box. This spot could’ve been better tailored to getting fit I think, and no, not another twistband, but something genuinely new. I would have loved to received something that relates to my work out, instead I got more tea. Boo.
Here’s the recap
of last month’s items and my final thoughts:
- The Half Up hair tool is amazing! I use it at least once a week, usually on damp hair and sleep in it. I get massive curls in the morning. I have too much hair to use it for a full on bun, so I’m seriously considering getting the larger size one.
- I only wore the lip gloss three times before I just gave up. I really wanted to like it, but my chapstick did the same thing this lip gloss did, but with better moisturizing results.
- I used the hair style product while in Orlando to fight frizz. It did a great job and was already in that fantastic sample size. I don’t know if I’d purchase the full size for all the time use though.
- I used the facial cream ONCE. It was a really small size and was supposed to be a moisturizer, but it broke my face out. It was not for me.
- We’re not giving that pretzel anymore time. Least favorite lifestyle extra ever.
Next month check back to see what my final thoughts were on January’s box and see what I got for February! Let me know what you got in your box!
Don’t get a Birchbox?
Click this link to sign up: