Six months ago, I couldn’t have told you what a Birchbox was. Now, I cannot wait to get it in the mail each month! For those of you that, like me, are a little out of the loop, Birchbox is a beauty subscription box where they send you four or five beauty samples each month to try and review online in the Birchbox shop. There are many different products to try and the boxes are personalized too. In November, the five samples came from a pool of 78! Genius idea in my book.
In order to hold me accountable to trying these samples, I’m going to post what came in the month’s box when it arrives and then post a review a week before the new one arrives of my final thoughts on the products. Unfortunately, life got the best of me, so I’m skipping straight to the review of November’s box.
This is the list of what was in it and how to use it:
- First on the list is the BeeKind body lotion. This is definitely a lotion and not a cream. It was great for on the go uses and as you can see in the picture, there was a lot in it and I should be using it on through December before the sample is empty. It is perfect for hands and for sensitive sniffers. The smell is nice, but it goes away quickly. My favorite item from the box.
- Second on the list is the Color Club “on the rocks” polish. “Metallic”doesn’t do this little silver polish justice. “On the Rocks” is definitely shiny and the perfect spark. Color Club does a good job with their polishes. It’s a quick dry, low odor, vivid color polish brand and the Cocktail Hour colors are no exception. (Looks like the silver sold out!)
- Third is the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I was so excited to get a liquid eyeliner to try, but you’re going to have to look at the Birchbox reviews for this one. My dog decided she wanted to try it before me. There were little black marks and pieces of plastic everywhere. (How can 5 pounds do so much damage in so little time?!)
- Fourth in my box this month was the Vasanti Consmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. This sample is all gone! While it was a generous size, I just used it that quickly. I used it almost daily. You can feel the little microdermabrasion crystals, but its more similar to a creamy over the counter facial wash. The smell was faint and not over powering. I really liked that about it. However, I couldn’t tell if my skin was “glowing” and my complexion definitely wasn’t smoother and with the price tag being strike three, I won’t be ordering this one at all and waiting for something better to come in my box.
- My fifth sample and lifestyle extra was the mighty leaf tea. Take a look at their ingenious design for tea pouches when you click on the link. Very cool. On the other hand, I think that affects the price of the tea. The taste was good, but not any better than something half the price.
If you want to get a Birchbox of your own, click here! They’re $10 a month including shipping! There are many different products to try and the boxes are personalized too, so what I get most likely will be very different than what you get. Last month, the five samples came from a pool of 78!
Do you get Birchbox? What do you like about it? Is there another subscription box I need to check out? Let me know in the comments.