My Favs on Thursdays:: Things that Keep you Warm
My Favs on Thursdays is a weekly link up with my best bloggy buddies Katy and Nicole and share our favorite thing of the week. Link up with us below!
The title of this post reminds me of the show Pyramid, but right now anything that makes you warm is my favorite thing, not just this Thursday but I have a feeling for many days to come this winter. Here are five of the things I’m reaching for to keep warm::
- knit hats:: first and foremost, hats are my favorite way to keep warm. I don’t really like the way I look in hats, but since heat escapes through the head if you’re all bundled up outside, pick up a hat!
- knit scarf:: you have to have a scarf to go with your hat of course. The infinity style is my favorite because I don’t have to worry about if I tied it right.
- fingerless gloves:: being warm shouldn’t make you as immobile as a puffy suit. Fingerless gloves are my favorite way to keep warm and still get stuff done! I picked my linkup buddy Katy’s fingerless gloves. She makes a fantastic pair!
- fun socks:: lounging around the house, there’s nothing better to keep your feet warm than a pair of socks. They might as well have a fun patten on them too. The ones I picked are covered with corgis. You’re welcome.
- tea:: though I’m a hardcore coffee drinker, there’s something about a great cup of breakfast tea or green tea. It’s soothing and warms from the inside out. My favorite is Twinings breakfast tea and has been since childhood.
I'm a big fan of all of these ideas!! Big, warm beanies and scarves are totally key. Bonus points if they're cute, too 😉
Something About That
Definitely tea!! i'm a huge tea drinker, but I drink so much more when it's cold outside. My favorite is Merry Mint by Stash 🙂
I've never heard of Stash teas. I'll have to look. I drink my tea very traditionally (unless it's flavored or green) but I would rather do tea in the winter because it's warm and still keeps you hydrated.
You have got to be the authority on keeping warm up in Canada! Thankfully my cold isn't nearly as cold as your cold.
I've never really been a knit hat person, but I'm trying this year!
Chic on the Cheap
Honestly, I think they look kinda silly on my head, but I love that they don't mess up my hair like other hats do and I can tell a difference in my warmth level.
Aw. You are super sweet with the little shoutout to my gloves. 🙂 I wear mine every day!
The winter weather really does make me feel all stuffy with all the things you need to wear. I need to try those fingerless gloves!
They are fantastic! Everyone should wear a pair.
I love my pair. Fingerless gloves are great for keeping warm and still getting everything done! My husband keeps the house so cold I often times wear them while working on the computer.