Staying organized is a priority to me and pen and paper are still one of the top ways I do that. I’m very picky about my planners. As we quickly approach January 2015 (oy!) lots of people grab planners and calendars that just hang on the wall or sit empty after a few months. Right now I’m using the Kate Spade planner that I reviewed here, and even though it has the full 2015 year in it, I will using it for work and adopting either the Emily Ley daily Simplified Planner for my daily use or the Whitney English Day Designer. Look for the Day Designer review for next week. Today I have an in depth look at the daily Simplified Planner.
- Cover:: pretty solid. If it’s not banded closed though, I could see it being bent if you were really rough with it. I mean purposely-bending-it-back rough with it. This cover is a plus. It also has gold corner protectors. The cute dots are a bonus.
- Binding:: when something gets this thick, it’s hard to find a substitute for spirals and keep the product affordable. I ordered this pretty back in September and just being in storage the spirals have started to shift. This unfortunately, is a minus.
- Gold elastic band closure:: Though not the most durable material, this is something other planners don’t even have, so this is a plus, even though the elastic probably won’t last a year. It’s very pretty and complimentary to the cover designs.
- Paper:: plus plus PLUS! I love the weight and the bright white. I write with either paper mater flair pens or staedtler fine tip pens, so the ink more than often bleeds through. Not so with this paper, so I’m incredibly happy.
- Tabs:: these are a plus too. Heavy duty lamination on those suckers. Tabs may not be something you notice, but I’m constantly flipping back and forth. These are definitely not tearing off. Also a plus is how they open. If you grab the tab, you’re looking at the entire month view instead of having to turn the page. (I’ve noticed some are like that.)
- Page Layout:: this is a plus for me. I end up diving a day timer very similar to the way the Simplified Planner is already laid out. If you work, run a house-hold, have multiple things to accomplish each day, you will love this page layout.