Emily Ley Daily Simplified Planner Review
Staying organized is a priority to me and pen and paper are still one of the top ways I do that. I’m very picky about my planners. As we quickly approach January 2015 (oy!) lots of people grab planners and calendars that just hang on the wall or sit empty after a few months. Right now I’m using the Kate Spade planner that I reviewed here, and even though it has the full 2015 year in it, I will using it for work and adopting either the Emily Ley daily Simplified Planner for my daily use or the Whitney English Day Designer. Look for the Day Designer review for next week. Today I have an in depth look at the daily Simplified Planner.
- Cover:: pretty solid. If it’s not banded closed though, I could see it being bent if you were really rough with it. I mean purposely-bending-it-back rough with it. This cover is a plus. It also has gold corner protectors. The cute dots are a bonus.
- Binding:: when something gets this thick, it’s hard to find a substitute for spirals and keep the product affordable. I ordered this pretty back in September and just being in storage the spirals have started to shift. This unfortunately, is a minus.
- Gold elastic band closure:: Though not the most durable material, this is something other planners don’t even have, so this is a plus, even though the elastic probably won’t last a year. It’s very pretty and complimentary to the cover designs.
- Paper:: plus plus PLUS! I love the weight and the bright white. I write with either paper mater flair pens or staedtler fine tip pens, so the ink more than often bleeds through. Not so with this paper, so I’m incredibly happy.
- Tabs:: these are a plus too. Heavy duty lamination on those suckers. Tabs may not be something you notice, but I’m constantly flipping back and forth. These are definitely not tearing off. Also a plus is how they open. If you grab the tab, you’re looking at the entire month view instead of having to turn the page. (I’ve noticed some are like that.)
- Page Layout:: this is a plus for me. I end up diving a day timer very similar to the way the Simplified Planner is already laid out. If you work, run a house-hold, have multiple things to accomplish each day, you will love this page layout.
I love a fresh new planner!
Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins
I have this same one..scared to write in it though! Its too pretty!
One of my best friends just got one of these and loves it! I love planners, so I may need to look into one like this. Thanks for the helpful information on this one!
I love how pretty this planner looks, and it seems like it's perfect for anyone who's super organized. A friend of mine swears by these, but I picked up the Kate Spade one this fall, because I don't need anything too elaborate.
Something About That
i swear by a paper planner. it's just more…ME!
I tried to let go of my paper planner a year or so ago and it just didn't work for me. I have too many different schedules to balance all at once and it got far too cluttered on my phone.
The Kate Spade planner has been great to me, but I'm hoping to consolidate all my planners into this one planner. Having it all in one place really appeals to me.
They are so pretty! After following Emily on IG it makes me even more anxious about writing in it because I know how hard she works on it!
It's my favorite too!
I really recommend it for anyone who is trying to balance a heavy load (such as yourself). I have several planners right now trying to balance my schedule and I'm hoping this one will help me consolidate.
I am still so stinking honored to be featured on your blog! Thank you so much Kate!
Thank YOU so much for the outfit idea!
Ugh I wish I found this like, 2 weeks ago when she was doing her perfectly imperfect sale! I was thinking about the weekly version because it's a little smaller. I'm kicking myself for not getting this one now. It's so cute, too!
I posted it like the day after the perfectly imperfect. I was trying to get it up before but failed at getting that done. Evidently there are tons of shops that carry the daily one (no one got Weeklies this year) that are currently running sales. They were all tagging each other on one of Emily's IG posts two weeks ago.
If I didn't just make a planner of a Moleskine notebook I would jump on that action! Thanks for letting me know 🙂