Going to Disney World is something I’ve enjoyed for many years. Over that time, I’ve tested several tips given to me and learned a lot on my own. On “Disney Days” I share some of what I’ve learned about touring, hotels, and how to have the best trip whether it’s your first or thirty-first.
- Comfort:: After walking 26 miles and only having two blisters, that’s rare. They didn’t rub my ankles and gave decent support
- Cute:: Skirts are my favorite bottoms at Disney because they’re breezy and cool, especially with running shorts under neath. TOMS are definitely cuter than running shoes with skirts.
- Material:: Canvas outer keeps your foot cooler in the sticky hot Orlando weather
- Safety:: Rain is a daily occurrence at WDW most of the year. TOMS do not give you traction on slick pavement
- Smell:: Due to the leather inners and the fact that they’re recommended to not be worn with socks, the excessive walking (and sweating) done on a Disney trip can make them smell pretty bad
- Material:: This is a pro and a con. It’s a con because they can wear out so quickly. If your TOMS are pretty worn and then you decide to walk in them 13 miles a day for a week or so, you’re bound to get holes