|**this post contains affiliate links**
dress:: Madewell (back in stock, similar) plaid shirt:: Old Navy necklace:: J.Crew (similar) belt:: Old Navy (very old, similar) leggings:: Old Navy knee highs:: c/o Kushyfoot wedges:: TOMS
Today I am incredibly psyched to start a new link-up with my amazing blogging buddies, Katy and Nicole. We have been doing My Favs on Thursdays for the past year and we agreed to take our link-up in a new direction and to a new day! I’m especially excited since my previous Sunday link-up ended a few months ago. Welcome to Sunday Lately. Here are this week’s lately words.
::Planning:: many hypothetical trips that I hope become realities soon. I have a friend and her little family in Mexico I want to visit and I haven’t been to New York City in 15 years. That must be some kind of sin. Of course, there’s the looming Disney World trips for the rest of the year that haven’t been booked. The travel bug is making me itch something fierce!
::Loving:: my job. Though I have complained about it before, I love being busy. January 1 is always a tumultuous time at a doctor’s office with insurance starting over, end of year accounting details, inventory, etc. Being busy is my favorite past time. Things are finally starting to fall into place too. I feel like I know what I’m doing now.
::Reading:: still Amy Pohler’s Yes Please. The reading wagon left without me a few weeks ago, so I’m behind on my fun reading. It’s not necessarily what I was expecting it to be, but I’m looking forward to finishing it and developing a more thorough opinion.
::Wishing:: for a good dresser to fall into my lap. Not literally, but figuratively. A dresser is probably a shallow sounding wish, but organizationally speaking, it would do wonders for our master bedroom and closet. We’re working with limited space and I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that we need a dresser after trying to go without one for a few years now. I’m picky and Corey actually has an opinion about furniture pieces, so we’ve been without one.
::Feeling:: so energized about getting all my bathroom goods in order. Makeup from my many mascaras to the tiny samples of luminizer to try. Then there’s the facial lotions, hair care, nail polish, and the many hotel shampoos and conditioners that all need spots. Now they have them. I took pictures too. Yes, I am an organization nerd.
It’s the last outfit of 2014! I was going to wait and post this outfit, but I loved it too much to save it until after I can get my capsule photographed and posted. This dress is one of the new items in my winter capsule. It’s the perfect slate for colored accessories, which I am hot on the hunt for. My wardrobe has become all neutrals to say the least, so I’m in the market for some colors. Hopefully my quest for colors will come in the form of more knit infinity scarves. Knit Pray Love in Atlanta made this one and I picked it up at the ICE Holiday Market. The closest I’ve come to finding them outside of the market is an abandoned etsy and pinterest. Thankfully I have their card from the fair with an email on it. Can’t wait to wear more knit scarves in 2015.
|::this post contains affiliate links::
scarf:: Knit Pray Love (similar) necklace:: J.Crew (similar) ring:: Madewell (similar) renegade bracelet:: Stella & Dot cuff:: J.Crew (similar) cardigan:: J.Crew (similar::ebay options) dress:: Madewell (similar) leggings:: aerie booties:: Sam Edelman (this year’s)
Budgeting Bloggers is a linkup hosted by Fran of Franish where you recap what you purchased and spent in the past month in an effort to curate a functional closet!
Hello December’s end. It’s crazy to see how fast this year has gone. As cliche as it is to say that, I find myself saying it more and more. December was a small month of shopping for me. I don’t care for crowds at the malls in December and being out of town twice during the month kept me from shopping. Surprisingly, I shop less when I’m out of town. Here’s what did get delivered to my house during December::
1. Heathered Jersey Dress:: Orig $118, paid $49
2. Renegade Cluster Bracelet:: Orig $59, paid $35 for two via posh closet @missief
3. Me Too Kaden flat:: Orig $80, paid $12 via posh closet @rasampson1978
4. Buffalo Plaid Quilted Vest:: Orig $108, paid $44
5. Colorblock anorak:: Orig $125, paid $20 via posh closet @minnecita
When I started trying a capsule wardrobe in August, I was ready to reap the financial benefits. Since working with a capsule for the past several months, I have experienced more than just financial benefits.
1. Less Laundry:: less ironing, less folding, less putting away. Don’t all of those things sound great? If you only have 40 or 50 pieces, you have to do laundry on a regular basis or else you just don’t have anything to wear.
2. Easier Morning Dressing Routine:: being in a capsule doesn’t make it easier to put on clothes, but it does make it easier to pick something out. I don’t miss the mornings where I would stand in my closet and have no idea what to wear despite barely being able to pull things out my closet because it was so packed.
3. More creative outfits:: when you’re working with the same items, you are forced to be more creative with those items or else you wear the same outfit over and over.
4. Utilizing Accessories:: this goes along with being more creative. I don’t know about you, but when I was bringing in tons of new pieces, I paired the same accessories with those new pieces. Now that I’m working with the same items for a few months at a time, I’m wearing more of my necklaces and scarves. I feel like I’m putting more finishing touches on my outfits too.
5. Better Shopping Sense:: previously, I felt like I would aimlessly buy things that I wanted and maybe wasn’t in love with. Now that I wear the same items on a more regular basis, I better be in love with them since I can’t just switch what I’m wearing all the time now. I also feel like I’m buying better quality because I’m not spreading my shopping funds so thinly. My closet seems to have a good focus now.
I plan on continuing in some sort of capsule wardrobe way for the foreseeable future. Mostly my reasons are financial, but these five reasons above are icing on the cake! Which reason would be most appealing to you?
My Birchbox and Ispy Glam Bag came a day apart this time, so I ended up combining the videos. It got a little long, so I apologize for that in advance.
- Bumble and Bumble straight blow dry
- Tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara
- NYX cosmetics butter lip balm
- Cailyn cosmetics just mineral eye polish
- Nourish Organic renewing eye cream
- Vasanti kajal extreme intense eye pencil in rose gold
- Ojon rare blend oil moisture therapy
- SeaRx Microdermabrasion face and body scrub
- Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge (in a very bright pink)
- Rusk texture spray