When I started trying a capsule wardrobe in August, I was ready to reap the financial benefits. Since working with a capsule for the past several months, I have experienced more than just financial benefits.
1. Less Laundry:: less ironing, less folding, less putting away. Don’t all of those things sound great? If you only have 40 or 50 pieces, you have to do laundry on a regular basis or else you just don’t have anything to wear.
2. Easier Morning Dressing Routine:: being in a capsule doesn’t make it easier to put on clothes, but it does make it easier to pick something out. I don’t miss the mornings where I would stand in my closet and have no idea what to wear despite barely being able to pull things out my closet because it was so packed.
3. More creative outfits:: when you’re working with the same items, you are forced to be more creative with those items or else you wear the same outfit over and over.
4. Utilizing Accessories:: this goes along with being more creative. I don’t know about you, but when I was bringing in tons of new pieces, I paired the same accessories with those new pieces. Now that I’m working with the same items for a few months at a time, I’m wearing more of my necklaces and scarves. I feel like I’m putting more finishing touches on my outfits too.
5. Better Shopping Sense:: previously, I felt like I would aimlessly buy things that I wanted and maybe wasn’t in love with. Now that I wear the same items on a more regular basis, I better be in love with them since I can’t just switch what I’m wearing all the time now. I also feel like I’m buying better quality because I’m not spreading my shopping funds so thinly. My closet seems to have a good focus now.
I plan on continuing in some sort of capsule wardrobe way for the foreseeable future. Mostly my reasons are financial, but these five reasons above are icing on the cake! Which reason would be most appealing to you?